Friday, November 27, 2009

Ich schmeiß mich weg!

Tausend Dank an Raphaela, die mir - sozusagen als Rache für den durch die neulich gepostete Literal Video Version von Total Eclipse of the Heart verursachten Ohrwurm - einen Link zur Bethlehemian Rhapsody von den Apologetix zugeschickt hat. Ich habe mich köstlich amüsiert.




Is this a real guy? Is he just fantasy?
‘Cause of his grand size, no one’s safe from fatality
Open your eyes, look up at Goliath, and see:

GOLIATH
I’m dressed for war boys, I need no infantry
Because I’ll meet the one you propose
Israelites, pick my foe
Anyway, I’ll win, so it doesn’t really matter to me

DAVID
Mama, there’s still no man who can come against this threat
You might figure now we’re dead
Mama, Goliath is testing us
And know he’s gonna know they’re all afraid
Mama, he’s a mean and crazy guy
He’ll come right back again this time tomorrow
Daring us, Scaring us- cause he wants to meet in battle
Hooray! My time has come
Been a shepherd all my life-but I’m taking on this giant
Goodbye, everybody – but not for long
God will lead me all the while I face this brute
C’mon...

CHOR
(David you’re a whimp though)

DAVID
I’m not gonna die
The One who wins my battle is Lord over all

GOLIATH
I see a little silly shepherd, not a man
What are you trying to prove? You’ll be chewed up and mangled!
Send a boy to fight me? A very very tiny flea!

DAVID
Gol-la-liath! Gol-la-liath! Gonna die you big galoot!
I’ll kick your butt!
I trust the Lord but nobody trusts me

CHOR
He trusts the Lord but suffers from insanity
Daring to fight ‘gaist this monstrosity

DAVID
Evil comes, evil goes- you will get deposed

GOLIATH
I will not, no! I will not get deposed

DAVID
Yes, you will (repeat) Your head will rol

GOLIATH
No, no, no, no, no, no, no!
Come-to-me-a! Come-to-me-a! Let the eagles pick your bones
Beelzebub and his devils gonna fight for me for me for me

DAVID
So you think you can scorn me and spit on my tribe?
So you think you’re above me just based on your size?
Oh, baby…. you ain’t just duelin’ David
You’e gonna get it now- cause God’ll win my battle here

CROWD
Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Oh yeah!

DAVID
Guys I’m really flattered-yet it wasn’t me
God wins every battle- God wins every battle for me

STIMME
David will be king soon

No comments: